Q1 President’s Message
Greetings HR Leaders of the Central Valley:
Welcome to the new and improved website for the Central Valley HR Management Association! I’m Nicki Tyler, President of the Central Valley Human Resource Management Association. If you are reading this you have found our brand new MemberVue website which is going to provide you with a TON more added value, resources and a mobile friendly feel so that you can tap into your membership from anywhere!
CVHRMA is a growing SHRM affiliate professional association based right here in the Stanislaus Country Area. CVHRMA is the only HR Association in Stanislaus County and the surrounding rural areas. We are one of the greatest chapters to be associated with and it takes your continued support and participation to make this happen. There are many ways to participate with the group so if you would like to volunteer at any capacity we have roles that fit any size! Below is an area to express your interest in several committees. Being a part of the committee is a great way to volunteer on a small scale and get an idea of how you can best utilize your talents.
Elections for 2016 are upon us! To keep the magic happening, we need you to serve on our board. The time commitment is minimal. This is a great way to use your professional HR skills in addition to earning PDC and HRCI credits! Please visit our website for additional information about the upcoming events for the year, volunteering opportunities and membership. As always, please contact me directly if you have any questions and are interested in being part of the 2016 Board of Directors.
Here are the positions that are up for election this year:
- VP of Legislative Affairs (2 year term)
- VP of Finance (2 year term)
- President – Elect (2 year term)
- VP of Technology – (2 year term)
What’s NEW for 2016? 2016 is going to have brand new events to look out for!
- Evening networking once every other month starting in January at Fuzios in downtown Modesto – first Thurs of the month from 5:30-7PM,
- Conducting a Veteran’s Focused Job Fair in Modesto this Spring,
- Offering FREE Membership to National SHRM Members who designate us as the local chapter.
- A New Luncheon Program: Called “Buy Ahead Lunch Packages” to save you money by purchasing all programming ahead, while allowing others to attend meetings in your place if you can’t attend!
I would like to thank each and every one of you for being a member and hope that you are taking advantage of your membership by regularly attending our chapter meetings and enjoying the networking opportunities. This year’s board has done a lot of great work to keep CVHRMA moving in the right direction and continues to be a significant professional impact on the human resource profession. Thank you for your continued support and membership to CVHRMA. I am privileged to be your President, and will do my best to serve you the best way I know how in my last term as President.
To Your Continued Success,
You can contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org