Let’s collaborate and brainstorm innovative ways to inspire and educate our HR community. Together, we can make a positive impact. Join us in this exciting journey to make a difference in HR education in the greater Modesto area.
We have Board and Committee level roles, so you can assist according to your desired level of participation.
If you are SHRM Certified, you can earn PDCs towards recertification by holding a volunteer role. See page 8 of the SHRM recertification handbook.
Why join the CVHRMA Board?
Grow your professional network – Be part of an opportunity to meet influential, intelligent and well-connected people – in the local Modesto HR community.
Gain exposure and insight – Access to the inner workings of an organization, including our members, to enhance your marketability.
Strengthen your credibility – Raise your professional profile among your peers.
Increased visibility – Elevate your professional reputation amongst our members.
Communicating with our membership is key to spreading the news about SHRM benefits and chapter resources, including education and networking opportunities. Major responsibilities include:
* Evaluate, manage and use our communications tools (e.g., email and social media) to reach our membership.
* Work with the Marketing, Membership and Education Directors to coordinate marketing / advertising efforts.
* Coordinate with the Technology Director to ensure we are utilizing the best applications, or to solve issues that arise.
Our SHRM branding and communication efforts are based on technology. If pixels and html make you happy, consider joining our team.
* Technology is an enabler which supports the efforts Directors of Communication, Membership and Marketing
* Can you review our current technology (membership, email, social media, website, etc…) and make recommendations?
* Are you willing to participate in strategic initiatives, such as moving our systems to SHRM hosting?
* Can you coordinate a graphics committee member and take on editing roles as needed?
Any business needs to plan, oversee and report financial functions. We’re seeking a reputable organization to provide the following in turn for a Sponsorship:
* Create an annual budget with the assistance of other Board members.
* Prepare monthly and quarterly reviews of our financial status.
* Bank deposits, performing A/P functions, collecting fees and distributing receipts.
* Work with the Legal Director to maintain the Chapter’s tax-exempt status.
* Prepare tax and other non-profit filings.
Why become a CVHRMA Committee Member?
Give back – You may only have a few hours per month, but serving on a committee can make a big difference.
Reinvigorate your career – Connect and engage with the local Modesto HR community to motivate and propel you to take your career to the next level.
Professional development – Grow your network by gaining exposure to Modesto HR professionals.
Organize events, such as “Lunch & Learn”. Set up speakers and announce topics.
Survey our membership to find out what education they want.
Create SHRM Certification classes to train those getting ready for certification as well as the actual certification classes!
Membership – if you love working with data / excel, help us update our membership database!
Graphics – use Photoshop (or comparable app) to create images and other tools to format documents
Website – we will move to a new host and need to re-create the CVHRMA site. We want to hear your ideas!
Social Media – promote CVHRMA through ongoing communication efforts and branding initiatives, using social media
Organizing – password and technology review and consolidation
Secretary – Take minutes of chapter meetings, provide notice of meetings and general correspondence. Maintain chapter records and history.
Surveys – Find out what our members are thinking!
Create information handouts – What CVHRMA does, How to register, Volunteer positions, Sponsorship opportunities
Attend events to spread the good word about CVHRMA, including booths at expos and mingling at the chamber of commerce
Are you involved with HR legislation and want to share that with the HR community?